How to get to Wambana (Point Turton)
Distance from Adelaide to Point Turton is approximately 230 kms. Traveling time, allow 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- From the city, head north on Main North Road (A1) and continue on the A1 until you come to Port Wakefield (approximately 96km from the Adelaide CBD, or 1:10 minutes traveling time).
- Continue on Port Wakefield Road until you come to the Adelaide/Kadina Road Intersection (B85) and bear left.
- Continue North West on the Adelaide Kadina Road for approximately 6.3 km and bear left onto the Ardrossan Curramulka Main Road (B86).
- Continue on the B86 past Price and Ardrossan, bearing right near Sandilands. (At this point you are approximately 185km, or 2 hours from Adelaide).
- Continue on the B86 on the Curramulka/Minlaton Road, you are now approximately 39km from Minlaton.
View Prince Alfred College in a larger map
- Once you reach Minlaton (200km from Adelaide, 2:20 mins travel time), bear left onto the main street, and continue on the B86 through the township. Follow signs to Warooka. Approximately 5km before Warooka you will notice the sign to Point Turton. Turn right and follow the bitumen road into Point Turton.
- Just before you enter the township you will notice the Point Turton Campus on your right. Turn right down Savio Road and travel approx 400m to the entrance gate on your right. Welcome!