Early Learning Centre
Our Early Learning Centre (ELC) welcomes boys and girls from two years of age.
The centre is open weekdays from 7.30am – 6.00pm, 50 weeks of the year. Within our ELC we provide a Kindergarten program staffed by qualified teachers and child care workers during School Terms.
The Centre is a uniquely designed environment to enhance learning for our youngest learners and prepare them for primary school education.
A dedicated cook provides a nutritious and wholesome lunch as well as morning and afternoon tea for the children.
The Teaching and Learning program supports play-based, child-centered learning.
Qualified teachers and child-care trained professionals support the children in each of our five rooms.
Our staff members are:
- Trained in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP)
- Inspired by the philosophy of Reggio Emilia from Italy, which is recognised for its innovative approach to early childhood education.
We believe these approaches give our students the best possible start – not just for schooling – but for life.
Aims of our Program
Through the program and special design of our centre we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where children feel respected and loved
- Nurture each child’s self-worth
- Guide each child’s experimental play to promote understanding
- Develop effective communication skills
- Allow children to learn through touching, moving, listening, seeing, and hearing.
- Encourage each child to explore, invent, discover, question and experiment
- Develop confidence through child-centred play
The next ELC Tour will be held on Wednesday, 7 November 2018, at 10:00am. To register your interest in the next ELC tour please contact us on +61 8 8334 1258 or via email.