Early Learning Centre
New Child Care Subsidy, starting 2 July 2018!
Make sure you’re ready for the new Child Care Subsidy, starting 2 July 2018!
From 2 July 2018, the Government child care fee assistance your family receives will change. The new package will affect current Out of School Hours Care, Vacation Care and Child Care rebates. Update your details through myGov now. To find out more visit: http://www.education.gov.au/childcare
For updates on the new Australian Childcare Package, please visit the Australian Government Department of Education and Training Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AusGovEducation/
Our Early Learning Centre (ELC) welcomes boys and girls from two years of age.
The centre is open weekdays from 7.30am – 6.00pm, 50 weeks of the year. Within our ELC we provide a Kindergarten program staffed by qualified teachers and child care workers during School Terms.
The Centre is a uniquely designed environment to enhance learning for our youngest learners and prepare them for primary school education.
A dedicated cook provides a nutritious and wholesome lunch as well as morning and afternoon tea for the children.
The Teaching and Learning program supports play-based, child-centered learning.
Qualified teachers and child-care trained professionals support the children in each of our five rooms.
Our staff members are:
- Trained in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP)
- Inspired by the philosophy of Reggio Emilia from Italy, which is recognised for its innovative approach to early childhood education.
We believe these approaches give our students the best possible start – not just for schooling – but for life.
Aims of our Program
Through the program and special design of our centre we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where children feel respected and loved
- Nurture each child’s self-worth
- Guide each child’s experimental play to promote understanding
- Develop effective communication skills
- Allow children to learn through touching, moving, listening, seeing, and hearing.
- Encourage each child to explore, invent, discover, question and experiment
- Develop confidence through child-centred play
The next ELC Tour will be held on Wednesday, 15 August 2018 at 10:00am. To register your interest in the next ELC tour please contact us on +61 8 8334 1258 or via email.