A tradition of giving
Prince Alfred College has benefited from a long history of philanthropy right back to its very foundation. We flourish today thanks to the generosity of Old Reds, parents and friends, and will advance further as that tradition grows.
Over 150 years ago when the concept of a Methodist school for boys was proposed, the vision became reality through the philanthropic support of men and women who shared the dream. Gifts large and small enabled the purchase of the land in 1865 and the construction of the Main Building ready for use in early 1869. Thus the tradition of giving to Prince Alfred College was established, and has enabled the provision of buildings and scholarships ever since.