To begin leadership development, on Day 1, we focused on team dynamics, where the boys underwent refinement of our purpose as a prefect, creating a trademark and deciding on agreed behaviour for all prefects to follow. After a long day of discussion, debating and a some frustration, ultimately, all Prefects agreed on the following.
To ambitiously pursue our initiatives for the benefit of the College community.
- We will maintain a strong and consistent presence throughout the College.
- We will set a positive example through our actions and conduct.
- We will consider the College & community voice.
- We will maintain discipline and principle in all we do.
- We will develop respectful and trusting relationships with members of the College community.
- We will provide passionate and creative service.
Day 2 started off with breakfast right before we commenced more team dynamic exercises involving trust. Day 2 ultimately outlined the mechanics of the prefect role and the trust and accountability that we must have with each other. Mr Roberts visited after breakfast, where he provided a masterclass on the responsibilities of a leader and the acceptable actions that must be taken.
After this, the Prefects decided on the portfolios that they would like to follow throughout 2022/23. After a reasonably smooth decision-making phase, the boys settled with their desired roles. The boys then split up into two groups, one group working on future directions on their portfolios and the other group undertaking the leap of faith with the option of being blindfolded. The groups then switched and following this, a brief wrap up of the boy’s thoughts of the camp, then departing for PAC.
Head of Student Leadership & Management